I shouldn't have posted the "I've seen a ghost, don't ask me about it" comment. Since then, I have had numerous questions asked and a bit of pressure put on me to "spill it". I'm pretty sure I said that I didn't want to talk about it. Ok...but I have to make a disclaimer first.
I believe that there are some people that are "sensitive" to spirits. By that, I don't mean psychic...I just mean an extra measure of sensing things both good and bad. My patriarchal blessing mentions this and I have had several experiences in my life where this "sensitivity" has made itself known to me. When I talk about these past experiences, my current experiences seem to increase in frequency. I don't like it. Therefore, I don't talk about them often or in great detail. I will however, give a synopsis of 1 experience.
I was sleeping over at a friend's house when I was in high school. We had watched a scary movie and the feeling in the house seemed a bit "heavy" to me. Everyone had gone to bed, when I woke up with a feeling like someone was sitting on my chest. I saw a black mist/shadow thing standing to the side of the room. No face, or features...just a shadow. Sort of like your own shadow, solid but transparent. There were no defined edges though. I started to say "In the name of..." and an audible voice said "Stop" and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I closed my eyes and started to pray, telling Heavenly Father that I was not strong enough and asked Him to make it go away. After what felt like several minutes (though I'm sure it was less than 1 minute) the feeling left. I opened my eyes and the shadow was gone.
You would think that this would deter my love of the show Ghost Hunters. No, because it's taken from a "gather the facts" position. However...I WILL NOT watch "A Haunting" because it gives me that same heavy feeling.
Some of these experiences have made it hard to reconcile my feelings about what I have experienced and what the gospel teaches about the spirit world. I guess it's one of those things that we don't need to know about because it isn't pertinant to our salvation.
So there you have it. Hopefully this satisfies your curiosity. Feel free to post if you have had experiences too. Then I might not feel so abnormal.
...Suddenly I'm insecure. Mommy, where's my blankie?
9 comments:
Wanna borrow my blankie? I'll share!
Yes, I do!! I'll need 2 now.
I've only had one experience kind of like that. i didn't see anything, but I did hear and feel. BUT, don't ask me about it!!! just kiddin!!
Hi there. I saw your cute picture on Jeri's blog and followed it on over here. What an adorable family! I had to make a comment about this post. You are not "abnormal", though I know how that feels. My family, (or a couple of us) are sensitive to these sorts of things. Some of the experiences are a little crazy, and you are right...you don't really talk about them or you look kindof "freaky". Mine started from a very young age of 5 in my room at night. I never told anyone about them until about 10 years ago. My parents were mortified that I never shared that little tidit of information. I just always prayed and Heavenly Father took care of it. I am SO grateful for the gospel though. Long story short...abnormal things happen to normal people...Can I have a blankie too? :)
How bizarre that you have a sister with the same name! That is just about as crazy as the fact the we "see dead people". heh heh It truly is a small world. If she spells her name Kunz, then her and I are most likely related (our husbands I mean..."We are family"...I hear the song in my head by Sister Sledge...) Especially if they are Kunz's from Idaho and Utah. Hey...we could be doing some geneology here...it would be nice to find some relatives, and maybe my husband Trent already knows her husband? That would be wierd. Why don't you email me and we can chat about it...Enquiring minds wanna know. kristi_kunz@yahoo.com If you dont' want to email, you can respond on my blog page. Either way, let's figure it out. :D
Just so you know....I am only 34!!!!! You told the other Kristi Kunz that I was also 35 :) Just making that small fact known.
only one semi-similar story. I had a mission comp who had this type of "sensitivity." She had been told by he mission pres to not discuss the things she saw, since it had a tendency to freak out her comps. One night we drove to our scheduled discussion. We stopped in front of the house and as I shut off the car, I got a sick, dark, icky feeling. I sat for a minutes, then said, "We aren't going in there tonight," and I started the car up and we drove home to call them and cancel the meeting.
My comp didn't say much as we drove home, but just before we got home she asked "Why didn't you want to go in?" I told her I had no idea, but that something was wrong and shouldn't go in. She then told me that she had seen many (I don't remember now how many, but it was a big group) "Dark and evil" spirits around the house, mocking us and beckoning us to come in. I freaked out just little with that one! I'm sure glad I don't "see dead people"
Wow! I think Jeri's experience takes the cake. That one needs a blankie, thumb and teddy bear!!
Hello, this is Becky with thecutestblogontheblock.com I noticed you uploaded a background to our website. Email us at design@thecutestblogontheblock.com and let us know what you would like:)! Thanks!
Post a Comment