Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What a great day!!

The tea party went so well today. We had a turn out of about 2500-3000 people. Not bad considering it was at 12:00 on a Wednesday. Mark Shurtleff, Jason Chaffetz and Rob Bishop spoke and I was generally impressed. We've all heard the typical politician, telling us what we want to hear....but they were actually sincere. Mark Shurtleff gave out copies of the Constitution to everyone. It wasn't a "vote for me". It was "tell us what we can do to help. what do you want us to do for you?" It was really good.

Thanks to all of you who gave me the good ideas for the sign. It went over really well. Our sign had "We The People" on one side w/a flag, eagle and copy of the Constitution. The other side said, "We The People are tired of You The Government stealing from our children's piggy banks". It had a large cartoon pig and an arm (with US Government written on the bicep) pulling money from the slot. The funniest/saddest sign we saw was a little boy on his big brother's shoulders, wearing a Paul Revere hat, holding a sign that says, "Six years old and already broke." Sad sign of the times.













The speech went over very well too. Thanks to all of you who helped get these points out to the people that can possibly do something about it. Let's hope they listen. If not, we vote them out in the next election. :-)



7 comments:

Pam said...

I'm so proud of you!! You did awesome!!

Jamie said...

Great job Cori! You are awesome. Way to stand up for all of us.

Shelly said...

Amen sista!! I am so totally proud of you!! It looks like you were a REALLY big hit with the 13 year old in the background!! ;) I love you and I wish I could've been there.

Kristi said...

I still get chills...you really do truely have a gift for public speaking, and writing. Everything was very well said. Thanks again

Jeri said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! God Bless America! Ya done did great!

Sherry said...

Cori - I am so proud of you! Way to take a stand.
I hope you're well.
Sherry (Gross)

Jeron & Brook said...

Hey, this is Brook Collins, I hope you don't mind me popping in! I just wanted to say you are so cool! If you don't mind I am going to keep up with you guys through this wonderful world of blogging! I hope to talk to you soon! -Brook!