Thanks to all of you who emailed and posted comments about signs and topics to bring up with our officials. I will be speaking for approximately 2-3 minutes at the tea party tomorrow. Again, since I want to speak for everyone, here are the thoughts I have put together.
___________________________________
In 1967, the ruthless dictator Khrushchev met with then Secretary of Agriculture Ezra Taft Benson. In the meeting, Khrushchev said that Benson's grandchildren would live under Communism. Benson assured Khrushchev that he would fight to ensure that Khrushchev's grandchildren would live under freedom. Then Khrushchev made this statement...
"Oh you Americans! You're so gullible! We'll spoon feed you socialism until you're Communists and don't even know it."
We are slowly being spoon fed bits of socialism under the pretenses of "equality for all". America is a land of opportunity, NOT a land of entitlement.
Thomas Jefferson said,
"To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must take our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude...If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under pretense of caring for them, they will be happy."
Thomas Jefferson was a member of government when this statement was made. Our founding fathers had it right and our current leaders have it wrong.
Prosperity comes through free markets, hard work, thrift, education and industry. These are the values that our founding fathers built upon to ensure our basic freedom from tyranny, freedom to worship our own God and help us aspire to be greater individuals, greater people and greater as a nation.
President Obama, members of Congress (both Democrat and Republican), We The People want you to know that we will no longer idly sit by and allow you to steal from us or burden our children and grandchildren. You have been elected to defend the Constitution, not destroy it. Stop spending money that we don't have. Get back to the values that have made this country the greatest country in the world. May God bless America.
Again, since I am speaking for all of you, what do you think? I have 2-3 minutes. Anything you want to add? Anything that you think should be omitted?
4 comments:
Well said Corinne!! I am honored to have you representing my voice!! Knock em dead...or at least on their butts!! ;D
Love you
perfectly said! I wouldn't change a thing.
I didn't check this until today, but it sounds perfect. I hope that it all went well. You are great. I am glad you are voicing what we all think!
Cori that was awesome! I'm so proud of you getting up there and stating our opinion! Hey I have a blog too, it's cute-as-a-bug.blogspot.com. Anywho, way to go! You rock! Love ya!
Post a Comment