I decided to try my hand at making Christmas pajamas this year. There's a lot going on in our families and lots of obligations. This is to be expected during the holidays. However, we decided to try and focus on traditions. Christmas pajamas are a tradition in Corinne's family. Mom used to make us pj's, blankets or pillow cases, etc. We got to open them on Christmas Eve and sleep with something soft and warm. It was one of my favorite traditions. So I'm trying to continue it. Overall it went pretty well. I made a nightgown and robe for Brynlee (with a Disney Fairy Rosetta pattern) and Thomas the Tank Engine pj's & reverseable robe for Landon. It was a lot of work but hopefully, it will be easier next year.
We also decided that in lieu of a family vacation this year, we would take the Polar Express Train Ride. It's the old Heber Creeper train but they decorate it for Christmas and make it Polar Express themed. The kids had a ball!! We stayed in Heber but it was a nice ride. We sung Christmas carols, drank hot chocolate & ate cookies, read the Polar Express story and had a marvelous time. I don't think we'd do it again because of the cost. However, it was fun to do once.
2 comments:
the PJ's and robes turned out GREAT! I never cease to be amazed at your sewing abilities/creative side. Wanna make jammies for my kids too??? (I was planning to go BUY some for Christmas eve... I just DO NOT sew!) Glad you had a good time!
So cute! You're amazing!
Post a Comment