Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Things

I'm obviously not very good at this blogging thing. Facebook is so much easier. However, I was tagged by Joanna so you have her to thank for this post. :-)

1. I am 3 1/2 years older than my husband Mark.

2. For our 2nd anniversary, I took Mark back to St. Petersburg, Russia where he served his mission. We rented an apartment and lived there for a month, traveling to several cities.

3. I would love to live in Petrozavodsk, Russia...specifically on the island of Kizhi. (See #2.)

4. I don't really like meat.

5. My secret vice is rock gospel music. I LOVE IT!

6. I listen to the Harry Potter audio books EVERY day while I clean the house, garden, etc.

7. I want my "dream yard" to look like an English garden. Lots of wildflowers, ponds and bushes, not a carefully manicured landscape. In the meantime, I spend as much time in my Mom Fugals' gardens. It's heavenly.

8. I have some "enhanced gifts"...not psychic...just enhanced.

9. I really enjoy canning and bottling. This should be no secret, as I have a whole room full of mason jars filled with fruits, vegetables, soups, meats, beans, jams, etc. But I really do LOVE canning. I get the biggest sense of satisfaction from knowing how to grow and preserve food for my family.

10. I have 2 sets of parents that have given me incredible life skills. One set gave me the "letter of the law". The other has given me the "spirit of the law". These have greatly enriched my life and relationships with others. I love them both more than I can say.

11. I still love to watch old cartoons. Brynlee and I have one-on-one time watching Tom & Jerry, The Pink Panther and Betty Boop.

12. I have a huge fear of rejection. I constantly feel like I am the square peg trying to fit into a round hole.

13. I am incredibly clumsy. I am constantly bumping into things, tripping and knocking things over.

14. I love the smell of the dirt in my garden when we till it in the spring. It's the smell of life.

15. I think Baby First TV is the best and worst thing ever created.

16. I love reading. I go through about 5 books a week, mostly non-fiction. My favorite books are about marine biology, dolphin/whale social structure and communication, homeopathic medicine, herbs, massage, chiropractic and aromatherapy. I'm lame, I know.

17. Sarcasm is one of my strong points. (I'm not sure this is a good thing.)

18. I am planning to climb Mount Timpanogos with my mother-in-law in August. 7 1/2 miles in and 7 1/2 miles out.

19. I love hearing "real kids" sing. I'm not talking about children's choirs because those actually annoy me. The "scooping" and fake vibratos ruin their voices. I'm talking about kids who don't know how to carry a tune in a bucket but sing with all of the gusto they can muster. This is why I love being the Primary pianist.

20. I want to live in a small town someday. I love the small town, unhurried life.

21. I want my children to learn to play the piano but I don't want to be the one to teach them. I'm a terrible teacher. I can do it but I can't explain HOW to do it.

22. I think my husband is the most Christ-like person I know.

23. Right now, my kids are teasing each other. Secretly, I think it's pretty funny. Does that mean I delight in other people's misery?

24. I believe my cat Murphy was an answer to prayer.

25. Someday, I would like to be a marine biologist.

I tag Pam, Shelly and Kendra.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Cori, I love this! Promise that you will play with me soon!

Corinne said...

You got it! Sleep over?

Jo said...

Wahoo!! Posting!! I about died of shock... ;) It would seem my diabolical plan to get you to post worked...heeheehee.

musicmom said...

This is a fun post. I like facebook too, but I like rereading my blog better, it is a better journaling tool for me. But we all have our favorites. I hope you are well. It is fun to get to know you better.