#2. Primary Children's Hospital and their staff rock like no other!!
#3. I think my heart is breaking for my sweet baby boy.
#4. I KNOW that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
oh...and #5 - Ignore the date stamp on the pics. I'm just to ignorant to change it.
I'm not going to go into all the nitty gritty details of Landon's surgery today. But if I don't blog about the general details, I just know that someone is going to send me hate mail. :-) So here it is.
Landon stopped eating solids at midnight on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I nursed him on and off until 8:30 am. He had a pedialyte bottle at 10:15 am. We were at the hospital at 12:30 pm and they didn't take him into surgery until 3:00. Surgery took about 45 minutes and by 4:10, he was in recovery. He was very drugged up but STARVING!! He took 6 oz of water right out of the operating room and the first words out of his mouth when he saw me was "mih mama" (milk momma). We stayed until 5:00 while he was still coming out of the anesthesia and were on the road home by 5:30 pm.
By the time we got home, he was pretty alert. Grumpy (for good reason) but again, also very hungry. He had lots of puffs, nursed 4 or 5 times and chowed down 1 small bowl of Gerber potato/cheese/broccoli nastiness. At that point, I wouldn't feed him anymore because I was afraid he'd get sick. Brynlee asked Mark to help her buy Landon some get well balloons. She picked a mylar one. It has a bear on it that is putting about a hundred bandaids on himself. She thought it would be a fun toy to hit, since he can't bend his arms. Oh...I forgot...he has arm restraints until they take his stitches out on Tuesday. He's not happy. So he went to bed at 7:00 pm and he is still asleep. I check on him quite frequently because I'm a complete basket case. (You'll know why when you see his eye and arms.)
So that's it in general. I'll post more details in a few days as my brain starts to work again. Thank you for all your prayers and kind words. We love you all.
Landon - Just coming out of surgery.
Poor kid isn't happy about the arm restraints.
Brynlee is the best big sister. She's kissing it better.
Yes, the "string" is part of his stitches. It is threaded through his eyelid like a stick through a hotdog. Hence, the restraints to keep him from pulling it out.
He is SO not happy. He was yelling..."Moe Mih Mama!!"
Just about the most pitiful thing I think I've ever seen.
Landon loves his mylar balloon.
Before surgery, Landon LOVED this play gumball machine.
4 comments:
poor little guy.
my mom shares similar feelings when she talks about watching me in arm splints after my surgeries. luckily, I've never had to go through this. I don't know if I could handle it!
Glad it went well.
I am go glad the surgery went well. My heart goes out to you as a mother and a sister. Please keep us posted on how Landon is doing.
Love you,
Sissa
I feel for you and him. Surgeries are bad for us, but I would have to say it is worse to have to watch our little ones go through it. You will all be in our prayers. Give lots of loves and time to your sweet baby.
Laura
Oh, Brynee looks beautiful, so grown up and studious looking.
OH MY HEART!!! That takes me back to when Kaden had his surgery!! As good as Primary Children's is...I hate that place! I'm glad everything went well. Poor kid! I love you guys!
Post a Comment