Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Little Down Time

When I say the word "vacation" what usually comes to mind? I usually think of Hawaii. But for us (and our budget), vacations usually consist of the yearly ward camp out. Sometimes, we are blessed to have the opportunity to vacation in my mom and dad's condo in Ivins, UT.

What a great place!! The kids love the indoor and outdoor pool at the clubhouse and that's where we live most of the time. For a full 4 days, we did absolutely nothing. What a great opportunity!! We have so many constraints on our time between school, church callings, extra curricular activities, etc. that it is nice when we have no where to go and nothing to do. Mark and I decided to set aside "parenting mode" and let the kids do what they wanted. We lived in our pj's. We had Cheetos and ice cream for breakfast once. Brynlee could "double dip" her chip into the salsa. Landon could dip his apples in ketchup. We had 4 glorious days of swimming, playing Skip-Bo, homemade games, the park and Krave frozen yogurt.

















Brynlee is becoming a pretty good swimmer. She likes to put on water wings and use the water noodle and just float around the pool. She also loved the hot tub with her Bathtime Ariel she got from Corinne's friend Amanda.


















Landon was probably a fish in a previous life. He cannot get enough water. He loves to kick and make a splash with Daddy.


















Remember I mentioned "homemade games"? This is one of them. Landon was playing with a small yellow motorcycle and the wheel came off. I'm not exactly sure how it happened (because I was in the kitchen making lunch) but all of a sudden, I hear Landon shreeking. I come around the corner and this is what I see...


















Landon was launching the wheels off things. Daddy didn't think that was such a good idea in a house that has lots of breakable things. So he took a tape measure and made a track to roll the wheels down.






What a great time!! Thanks mom and dad for having such a great place to reconnect with my family.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks like a blast! Your kids are so stinkin cute!!!

Jo said...

Wahoo for a new post!! And yay for the St. George condo. It is a nice one...